Saturday, February 16, 2008

Birria

While in Mexico, we ate this delicoius soup/stew called Birria. I found myself returning not only for seconds but for a third helping of this yummy dish.
This traditional Mexican stew is often sold by street vendors in Mexico. Birria can be made with beef, veal, pork, goat or lamb making it quite versatile (ours was made with pork). Many people will use more than one type of meat, combinding one, two or three kinds in one dish.
What makes this soup even more delightful to me is the fresh ingredients of chopped onions, cilantro, oregano, & lime that are added to your bowl of steamy stew.
...and am I the luckiest person on earth or what?

The hubby came home, looked up the recipe & made it for me!

I love spicy soups & this one is among my top 5 favorites.

If you want to try this recipe, just google Birria.
Special Thanks to my chef & hubby, Satish.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm I wonder where you acquired your taste for spicy foods?